Results tagged ‘ Arizona Diamondbacks ’
The Cubs aren’t the only one who are going to be dealing today. Here are some of the latest happenings around the league. There will be plenty of updates as the day continues.
- It looks like Shane Victorino will be traded to the Dodgers. It sounds like Josh Lindblom would be going to the Phillies. Nothing official yet, but this means the Dodgers will not be going after Alfonso Soriano.
- UPDATE: It is officail The Philies have traded OF Shane Victorino to the Dodgers for relief pitcher Josh Lindblom and SP Ethan Martin.
- The D-Backs appear to be in the market for a big time starting pitcher. No names yet, but maybe they would be interested in Matt Garza?
- Although the Phillies have traded away Shane Victorino there are still reports they are talking to the Giants about Hunter Pence.
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence on his way to San Francisco for C/1B prospect Tommy Joseph. Nate Schierholtz is going to the Phillies as well, as does Seth Rosin.
- Padres are asking for a lot for Chase Headley, but a deal could still get done.
- Rangers looking to bolster bullpen. Possibly put Ogando back in the rotation and acquire another bullpen arm, possibly Broxton from KC.
- The Cardinals have acquired Edward Mujica for Zachary Cox.
- Marlins are close to sending Gaby Sanchez to Pirates for Gorkys Hernandez.
- UPDATE: According to Ken Rosenthal Gaby Sanchez to the Pirates is a done deal. This also includes a competitive balance pick going to the Marlins.
- Red Sox to acquire Craig Breslow for Matt Albers and Scott Podsednik.
- The Reds have traded for Jonathan Broxton. The Royals got AAA lefty Donnie Joseph and AA JC Sulbaran
- Casey McGehee traded to the Yankees for Chad Qualls.
This is what is out there right now, some deals may still be coming in, but I think that is it for now.
The Cubs continue to wind down the spring today as they face the Diamondbacks in Scottsdale at 3:05 PM Central. Jay Jackson takes the ball today, while Jeff Samardzija tuned up for the regular season at Minor League camp. Here’s how the Cubs will line up.
Thanks for reading,
– George Cotugno