Results tagged ‘ Iowa Cubs 7/7 Recap ’
Hello reader, wanted to give you a quick update on a change we are making to the minor league reports. Today we debut our new layout which will include one “spotlight game” this game will be much like the reports you are use to. We will break the game down by hitters and pitchers, a full recap so to speak. For the remainder of the minor league games we will provide a line score, and a box score that you can click a link to view. Instead of recapping all six games every night we will detail the top performers at each level. The goal here is to limit the amount of time it takes to recap everything given how many games there are now, but also provide information that you want. Thanks everyone.
At The Plate – This one was a pitchers duel for the majority of the game then things got crazy in the seventh. Iowa scored seven times to take an 8-2 lead, then Albuguerque bounced back with three in the eighth to make it a came before the Cubs shut the door on an 8-5 win. Seven of the nine guys in the starting lineup had hits for Iowa, and as a team the Cubs walked seven times (Cubs way!). Logan Watkins was 1-for-4 with a walk, a run scored, and his eighth stolen base of the season. Donnie Murphy only had one at bat but made the most of it as he was 1-for-1 with his tenth home run of the season, an RBI, and a run scored. Anthony Giansanti was 1-for-3 with his third double of the season, two RBI’s, and a run scored.
On The Mound – Guillermo Moscoso got the start for Iowa and struggled with his command but was able to pitch in and out of trouble to pick up his sixth win of the season. Moscoso worked six innings giving up two runs on two hits while walking five (command, see?) and striking out five. Michael Bowden worked a scoreless inning out of the pen, he gave up one hit while striking out two. Casey Coleman struggled in this one as he worked two-thirds of an inning giving up three runs on three hits while walking two and striking out one. Brian Schlitter was solid in picking up his ninth save of the year, he worked 1.1 scoreless innings giving up two hits while walking one and striking out two.
- AZL Cubs: Jeffrey Baez went 1-for-4 with his first home run of the season, an RBI, and a run scored.
- Boise Hawks: Shawon Dunston Jr. was 2-for-4 with a triple, and a run scored
- Boise Hawks: 2013 2nd round pick Rob Zastrynzy made his Cubs debut going one scoreless inning while walking one and striking out two.
- Kane County Cougars: Albert Almora was 3-for-4 with a walk, a stolen base, and two runs scored.
- Kane County Cougars: Jeimer Candelario was 2-for-3 with a double, an RBI, a walk, and a run scored.
- Daytona Cubs: Pin-Chieh Chen was 2-for-2 with a double, and a walk.