Results tagged ‘ Iowa Cubs 7/8 Box Score ’
At The Plate – I know this is the “at the plate” section, but I have to talk about what you have already noticed, that big fat ZERO in the hit column for Dunedin. That’s right, Daytona started Matt Loosen tossed a no-hitter today, more on that below. The D-Cubs offense gave Loosen plenty of support early on as they scored seven times in the first three innings. Zeke DeVoss was 1-for-3 with a triple, a walk, a stolen base, and two runs scored. Dustin Geiger continued his solid season going 2-for-4 with a double, a walk, and a run scored, he’s now hitting .282 on the season. Bijan Rademacher was productive today as he went 1-for-2 with his first home run of the season, two RBI’s, two walks (Cubs Way!), and two runs scored.
On The Mound – Two words, Matt, Loosen. Loosen was brilliant (understatement, I know) as he was almost perfect going nine no hit innings while walking two and striking out nine. Shortest “on the mound” recap in the History of ever.
- Boise Hawks – Shawon Dunston was 2-for-4 with two walks, an RBI, and a run scored.
- Boise Hawks – Jacob Rogers was 2-for-3 with an RBI, three walks (Cubs Way!), and three runs scored.
- Boise Hawks – Daniel Lockhart was 3-for-4 with two RBI’s, and a run scored.
- Boise Hawks – Dae-Eun Rhee was solid going three scoreless innings giving up two hits while striking out three.
- Tennessee Smokies – A.J. Morris was good in game two, he went five innings giving up one run on six hits while striking out three.
- Iowa Cubs – Logan Watkins was 2-for-4 with two doubles, a walk, an RBI, and a run scored.
- Iowa Cubs – Brad Nelson was 3-for-4 with a double, and two RBI’s.
- Iowa Cubs – Luis Flores was 2-for-4 with his fourth home run of the season, a double, an RBI, and a run scored.
- Iowa Cubs - Chris Rusin got the win for Iowa, he worked six innings giving up two runs on four hits while walking four and striking out two.
Notes: AZL Cubs had the day off, and Kane County was rained out.