Results tagged ‘ Jed Lowrie ’
Another game, another eight innings of scoreless baseball from the Cubs offense. That is now three games in a row where the Cubs offense couldn’t score any runs from inning number one to inning number eight. Of course the Cubs came to life in the ninth inning when the game was already decided with the Astros leading 8-0. Hopefully the feeling of scoring runs in the ninth was something the Cubs liked and that carries over to today, because they need it.
Matt Garza was awful, can’t blame the guy, he knows if he makes one mistake the game is probably over with the way the Cubs bats are going. But Garza made many mistakes as he only lasted three innings while giving up seven runs on five hits for his second loss of the season. One bright spot was the work of Randy Wells out of the bullpen. Wells went five innings, only allowing one run on three hits while saving the bullpen from any unnecessary work. I mentioned the Cubs “exploding” for four runs, well the final score was closer than the actual game. The Cubs put together a few hits, and got the help of a bank of lights to push across four runs in the ninth inning. It was a good day at the plate for guys that aren’t usually in the spotlight as Koyie Hill and Adrian Cardenas each had two hits in the defeat. Blake Lalli chipped in with his first major league hit, which scored two runs in the ninth. Full box score and highlights after the jump.
Around the League: February 6, 2012-February 12, 2012
Monday, February 6
- Pitcher Anibail Sanchez won his arbitration case against the Marlins (1 yr. 8MM).
- Orioles designate former Cub Clay Rapada for assignment
- Rockies acquire RHP Jeremy Guthrie for Pitchers Jason Hammel and Matt Lindstrom.
- Nationals sign Mark Teahen to a minor league deal.
- Rangers sign Conor Jackson and Joe Beimel to minor league deals.
- Cardinals sign Alex Cora to minor league deal with a spring invite.
- Astros sign OF Justin Ruggiano to minor league deal with spring invite.