Results tagged ‘ Jorge Soler Home run video ’
How about those Cubs? I’m not going to lie, I’m excited, sure it’s only April, I don’t care, first place. Jon Lester was off again tonight, but the bullpen picked him up and gave the club a chance to comeback. That’s exactly what the Cubs did, they came back from two separate three run deficits to win 7-6 thanks for a walk-off single by Arismendy Alcantara. The game doesn’t get there without Jorge Soler who jacked a pair of two-run homers, what a thrilling night.
At the Plate:
- Anthony Rizzo was locked in tonight, he was 2-for-3 with two walks, and two runs scored.
- Jorge Soler was outstanding tonight, he went 3-for-5 with two dingers, four RBI’s, and three runs scored. He also had a tasty outfield assist.
- Chris Coghlan continued his torrid start to the season, he went 3-for-4 with a home run, a walk, an RBI, and two runs scored.
On the Mound:
- Jon Lester got the start and struggled, he worked six innings, giving up six runs on ten hits while striking out four.
- Brian Schlitter, Jason Motte, Pedro Strop, and Hector Rondon all tossed scoreless innings with Rondon picking up the win.
Alcantara wins it!
Soler with an unreal throw.
Soler ties it in the 8th with a bomb!
Soler’s first two-run shot.
Felix Doubront did nothing to help his cause for the 5th spot in the rotation as he played a huge role in blowing an 8-3 lead today. The Cubs went on to lose to the Angels 10-9 but the story today, as it is most days now, was how the Cubs got their runs, hooray prospects! It was the Kris Bryant, Jorge Soler, and Addison Russell show as the three headed monster put on an impressive display with the bats. First the powerful results, Kris Bryant went deep twice, two monster shots, he finished the day 3-for-4 with two dingers, a book rule double, three RBI, and three runs scored. Jorge Soler joined the fun as well going 2-for-3 with his own bomb, two RBI, and a run scored. Russell was super impressive all over the field, he finished 3-for-3 with a double, an RBI, a stolen base and a couple of slick plays in the field. The pitching wasn’t so great today as Jason Hammel was beat up in addition to Doubront.
Russell’s RBI Double
Bryant’s First Dinger
Bryant’s Second Dinger
Soler’s Monster Shot
Not a bad way to go out, eh? Jorge Soler took Taijuan Walker deep last night, then was pulled because he was getting called up by the Cubs, solid night. Pure power on display here, gets a fastball up, and destroys it, I can’t wait for Wednesday when Soler is expected to make his debut with the Cubs in Cinicnnati.