Results tagged ‘ MLB Trade Deadline Rumors ’
As reported earlier the Phillies already traded Shane Victorino to the Dodgers and now have reportedly traded Hunter Pence to the Giants. Wow, they moved two of their OF, assuming Domonic Brown is on his way up as he was scratched from his AAA lineup.
Thanks for Reading,
The Cubs aren’t the only one who are going to be dealing today. Here are some of the latest happenings around the league. There will be plenty of updates as the day continues.
- It looks like Shane Victorino will be traded to the Dodgers. It sounds like Josh Lindblom would be going to the Phillies. Nothing official yet, but this means the Dodgers will not be going after Alfonso Soriano.
- UPDATE: It is officail The Philies have traded OF Shane Victorino to the Dodgers for relief pitcher Josh Lindblom and SP Ethan Martin.
- The D-Backs appear to be in the market for a big time starting pitcher. No names yet, but maybe they would be interested in Matt Garza?
- Although the Phillies have traded away Shane Victorino there are still reports they are talking to the Giants about Hunter Pence.
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence on his way to San Francisco for C/1B prospect Tommy Joseph. Nate Schierholtz is going to the Phillies as well, as does Seth Rosin.
- Padres are asking for a lot for Chase Headley, but a deal could still get done.
- Rangers looking to bolster bullpen. Possibly put Ogando back in the rotation and acquire another bullpen arm, possibly Broxton from KC.
- The Cardinals have acquired Edward Mujica for Zachary Cox.
- Marlins are close to sending Gaby Sanchez to Pirates for Gorkys Hernandez.
- UPDATE: According to Ken Rosenthal Gaby Sanchez to the Pirates is a done deal. This also includes a competitive balance pick going to the Marlins.
- Red Sox to acquire Craig Breslow for Matt Albers and Scott Podsednik.
- The Reds have traded for Jonathan Broxton. The Royals got AAA lefty Donnie Joseph and AA JC Sulbaran
- Casey McGehee traded to the Yankees for Chad Qualls.
This is what is out there right now, some deals may still be coming in, but I think that is it for now.
Just before Ryan Dempster was placed on the DL there were very strong rumors suggesting that he was about to be traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers. Well, those rumors seem to be resurfacing. As Jon Heyman suggests the Dodgers might want to make a huge splash and get both Dempster and Garza from the Cubs. Now, given the fact that the Cubs want to get as much as possible back for both guys I would really doubt that they would agree to send both pitchers to the same team but as always it depends on the return.
From Heyman’s article
“The Dodgers have long been known to be targeting Dempster and are seen as a favorite for him. But it turns out they’ve had conversations about Garza, as well.
Either one would make a nice addition to the Dodgers, who’ve managed to hang onto first place despite a long absence by superstar Matt Kemp and several other injuries (Kemp is due back Friday, and Andre Ethier is expected back if not Friday, then a day or two after that). Ted Lilly, who is injured for the Dodgers, is close to Dempster from his Cubs days and would presumably recommend him highly.”
“The Dodgers have the money to take a decent-sized contract, but the Cubs prefer to get talent back from their top chips. Young pitcher Zach Lee is considered the Dodgers’ top prospect.”
Of course, the Dodgers are not just going to be allowed to swoop in and have Dempster all to themselves. Per Bruce Levine of ESPN, there are expected to be upwards of 10 scouts attending Dempsters Saturday start in Arizona.
“The Ryan Dempster trading market will see a huge surge on Saturday as upwards of 10 teams will have scouts on hand to watch the Chicago Cubs’ veteran right-hander pitch against the Arizona Diamondbacks. “
Some of the best players in their game also voiced their opinion of potentially landing Dempster at the deadline, this is the perfect storm for the Cubs, the more I see the more I think they could make a killing in a deal for both Dempster and Garza.
“When you see all the top teams in baseball, they are always deep in quality pitching,” the Dodgers’ Matt Kemp said. “If it is possible to add a pitcher like Ryan Dempster of course you would do it. He has been pitching great and he is healthy again, not to mention he has the best ERA in baseball. He would be a great addition.”
Future Hall of Fame third baseman Chipper Jones is a big Dempster fan.
“Ryan is one of the most respected guys in baseball,” Jones said. “He goes out there every five days trying to stick it to you. Any team would be lucky to get him. We could use some help trying to catch the Nationals, so getting someone like Demp would certainly bolster our chances.
Thanks for reading,