Results tagged ‘ RaShad Crawford ’
It was all Boise from the word go in this one, as the Hawks put up six runs over the first three inning en route to a 10-3 victory in Vancouver.
At the Plate:
- Rashad Crawford did his job from the lead-off spot tonight, he was 2-for-5 with a triple, two RBI’s, and two runs scored.
- Charcer Burks has been productive all year, it continued today as he went 3-for-6 with an RBI, three runs scored, and two stolen bases. Burks is now hitting .337 on the season.
- Alex Tomasovich had a solid game, he went 3-for-5 with two RBI’s, and a run scored.
On the Mound:
- Erick Leal got the start and did more than enough to walk away with the win, his sixth of the season. Leal worked six innings, giving up one run, unearned, on six hits, while walking one, and striking out two.
- Josh Davis worked a scoreless inning out of the bullpen.
- Yomar Morel cleaned this up despite being knocked around. Morel worked two innings, giving up two runs on five hits, while striking out two.
That was a long three days for everyone involved, I will try to break it down to the best of my ability for you. It’s obvious that the Cubs needed to fill their system with pitching depth and it appears that they did so.
The Cubs had 42 picks in this years draft, 40 round plus two compensation (or sandwhich) picks. In years past the draft has been 50 rounds, under the new CBA the rounds were reduced to 40. The breakdown of the 42 picks is as follows, 22 pitchers (18 RHP, 4 LHP), seven infielders, eight outfielders, and five catchers. Of those players 20 were college players, seven were junior college players, and the Cubs drafted 15 high school players.
Here’s the full list…
Thanks for reading!