Results tagged ‘ Texas Rangers trade rumors ’
Welcome to deadline day, the MLB non waiver deadline is 3:00 PM CST, so we have just about three and a half hours to go. Rumors today are that Nate Schierholtz and or David DeJesus could be moved, we will be tracking everything here so keep check back!
11:40 AM – The Pirates were breathing down the White Sox necks to get Alex Rios, well he fouled a ball off his foot last night and is now day-to-day. That has some people thinking that the Pirates are now going to go hard after Nate Schierholtz or David DeJesus. The Pirates are also looking for bullpen help and James Russell and or Kevin Gregg would fit nicely there.
11:46 AM – Per Ken Rosenthal, the Rangers are listening to offers for everyone, including recently acquired Matt Garza, wait, what?
11:57 AM – Ken Rosenthal reports that David DeJesus has the best chance to get traded today, even better than Schierholtz.
12:03 PM – The Cubs have been linked to Ian Kennedy of the Diamondbacks, sounds like Arizona is looking for relief help and have their eye on Luke Gregerson of the Padres. Cubs still a possible destination, but looking less likely.
12:13 PM – There is an awful lot of chatter surrounding Jeff Samardzija being dealt. I don’t see this happening but where there is smoke there is fire, I know Jed and Theo are listening to offers for him, and it would have to be a whopper of a return. That said, the Pirates are in play on this, and have the prospects to get something done, doubt they go as high as the Cubs want them to.
12:26 PM – Buster Olney is reporting that the Cubs could wait to deal Gregg, as in before the August waiver deadline. Says that the Cubs might want to hang on to him and see if a team develops a need for a guy like Gregg later in the season.
1:24 PM – Gordon Wittenmeyer confirms that Navarro could be a target of the Cardinals. Also confirmed that trading within the division is not a concern.
1:37 PM – Jayson Stark says that a Navarro to the Cardinals deal is possible but “not close” … seems to be gaining some steam.
2:06 PM – Per Nick Cafardo it sounds like Nate Schierholtz will be staying with the Cubs, kind of surprising.
The Cubs aren’t the only one who are going to be dealing today. Here are some of the latest happenings around the league. There will be plenty of updates as the day continues.
- It looks like Shane Victorino will be traded to the Dodgers. It sounds like Josh Lindblom would be going to the Phillies. Nothing official yet, but this means the Dodgers will not be going after Alfonso Soriano.
- UPDATE: It is officail The Philies have traded OF Shane Victorino to the Dodgers for relief pitcher Josh Lindblom and SP Ethan Martin.
- The D-Backs appear to be in the market for a big time starting pitcher. No names yet, but maybe they would be interested in Matt Garza?
- Although the Phillies have traded away Shane Victorino there are still reports they are talking to the Giants about Hunter Pence.
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence on his way to San Francisco for C/1B prospect Tommy Joseph. Nate Schierholtz is going to the Phillies as well, as does Seth Rosin.
- Padres are asking for a lot for Chase Headley, but a deal could still get done.
- Rangers looking to bolster bullpen. Possibly put Ogando back in the rotation and acquire another bullpen arm, possibly Broxton from KC.
- The Cardinals have acquired Edward Mujica for Zachary Cox.
- Marlins are close to sending Gaby Sanchez to Pirates for Gorkys Hernandez.
- UPDATE: According to Ken Rosenthal Gaby Sanchez to the Pirates is a done deal. This also includes a competitive balance pick going to the Marlins.
- Red Sox to acquire Craig Breslow for Matt Albers and Scott Podsednik.
- The Reds have traded for Jonathan Broxton. The Royals got AAA lefty Donnie Joseph and AA JC Sulbaran
- Casey McGehee traded to the Yankees for Chad Qualls.
This is what is out there right now, some deals may still be coming in, but I think that is it for now.