Results tagged ‘ Ty Wirght ’
At the plate – Daytona couldn’t get the big hit when they needed it in this one, but still found enough offense to escape with a win. Ben Carhart was 2-for-5 in the win, he is now hitting .251 on the season. Dustin Geiger has put together a stellar 2013, he was 2-for-4 with a walk in this one and is now hitting .289 on the season. Both Taiwan Easterling and Brad Zapenas had two hits, and a run scored today. Daytona registered nine hits but they were only 1-for-9 with runners in scoring position and left eleven men on base.
On the mound – I was really excited for C.J. Edwards Cubs debut today and he didn’t disappoint. Edwards was nasty going five scoreless innings giving up one hit while walking one and striking out eight. The only hit Edwards gave up was of the infield variety, and not one ball made it out of the infield. That wasn’t the only impressive stat from this one as Edwards struck out the first seven hitters he faced, unfortunately he walked away with a no decision. Lendy Castillo took over and was solid going three scoreless innings giving up one run, unearned, on one hit while walking three, and striking out three to earn his first win of the year. Austin Reed worked the ninth for his third save of the year, he allowed one hit and that was it.
- Iowa Cubs: Brad Nelson was 1-for-3 with his second triple of the season, an RBI, and a walk.
- Iowa Cubs: Ty Wright was 3-for-4 with three(!) doubles, an RBI, and a run scored.
- Iowa Cubs: Chang-Yong Lim worked two scoreless innings in relief giving up two hits while striking out two.
- Tennessee Smokies: Javier Baez was 2-for-5 with two home runs, four RBI’s, and two runs scored.
- Tennessee Smokies: Rubi Silva was 2-for-4 with a double, and two outfield assists.
- Kane County Cougars: Albert Almora was 2-for-5 with a run scored, he is now hitting .333 on the season.
- Kane County Cougars: Jeimer Candelario was 2-for-4 with an RBI, a walk, and a run scored.
- Kane County Cougars: Rock Shoulders was 2-for-5 with a double, three RBI’s, and a run scored.
- Kane County Cougars: The bullpen; Nathan Dorris, Starling Peralta, and Armando Rivero worked a combined seven scoreless innings giving up three hits while walking four and striking out nine.
- Boise Hawks: Kris Bryant was 1-for-3 with his second home run of the season, three RBI’s, and a run scored.
- Boise Hawks: Dillon Maples picked up the win going five innings giving up one run on five hits while striking out five. He hasn’t walked a batter in his last two outings.
- Boise Hawks: Corbin Hoffner was solid out of the pen going three scoreless innings giving up one hit while striking out two.
- AZL Cubs: Charcer Burks was 2-for-4 with his first double of the season.